We want to highlight you! NorthStar Telescope is a new blog series that we want to launch to get to know Black African Diaspora professionals and allies in the geospatial, geosciences, GIS, and geography industries.
We are seeking participants at all career and entrepreneurial stages, including:
- Students from High School to College
- Professionals just starting out to seasoned experts
- Entrepreneurs aspiring to exceptional
In a few questions, share with us what brings you to the industry, and what you hope to solve in your career to connect with other professionals like you.
Prepare your answers with the example questions below and see our current profiles for inspiration.
Tell us what about the moment you were inspired to problem-solve with GIS. What is behind the passion that led you to this profession?
You can answer this question in several ways. Here are some examples to get you started:
- How does your identity shape your perspective or impact how you navigate your career?
- How do you feel empowered by your identity in your role and work and how does this empower others?
- What challenges have you faced and how have you overcome them?
- What role does your identity play in the diversity of your work, industry, etc.?
Do you have any intersections in your work? Tell us about how you use GIS technology or data.
Where do you see yourself in the future? How do you want to continue to create impact or lead change with GIS?
If you would like to share any public work/portfolios/websites, social media profiles, a quote that inspires you, or any additional insight about you, enter it here!
- Visuals are great to help people who are learning and deciding about pursuing a career in GIS understand what some of the work looks like.
- Provide an insightful way for people to connect to you.