Black History Month 2021: GIS Community Addresses “Who Maps the Black Family?”
Organizations from around the globe connect to open a month-long event series and conversation about Black History, geography, GIS, and racial equity.
Join us as we reflect on the Black Family: Representation, Identity, and Diversity, and explore the challenges and opportunities of getting and holding seats at the table as we address the question: Who Maps the Black Family?
- Week 1
- Feb 1st @ 3PM EST – Who Maps the Black Family: A Conversation About Black History (Keynote)
- Feb 3rd @ 6PM EST – Racial Equity for Resilient & Prosperous Families
- Week 2
- Feb 8th @ 3PM EST – Afro-Latinx: Then and Now, Looking at the Past and Present
- Feb 12th @ 3:30PM EST – Reflecting on Our History & Our Future
- Week 3
- Feb 19th @ 12PM EST – My Journey Into GIS as a Career: The African Story
- Week 4
- Feb 26th @ 2PM EST – Learn & Share: Innovative Mind
- Feb 26th @ 3PM EST – Who Maps the Black Family: Impact of Bias in Data Design and Analysis